Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Bangsaray Thailand - Sattahip Jomtien Pattaya Chonburi Forum Index
   General Chat about Bangsaray
     LIVING IN BANG SARAY VILLAGES (MOO BAANS)
Register To Post

Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom
Poster Thread
jingjo
Posted on: 2017/6/3 23:00
Just popping in
LIVING IN BANG SARAY VILLAGES (MOO BAANS)
When a homeowner lives in a village he/she must pay annual maintenance fees. The village I live in here has high maintenance charges because there is a compulsory component for ones own villa gardening and pool maintenance (which is undertaken by the village staff).Personally, I would prefer to look after my own or engage professionals to do the job.I have been in Thailand for many years and in the previous two Jomtien villages where I lived (before moving to Bang Saray) the maintenance rates were lower because the owners arranged for their own gardening and pool maintenance.Does anyone have a similar experience with this situation ? Our village does not have a homeowners committee or Juristic person set up as the Developer still runs the show even though all villas have been completed for some time.
Keeto
Posted on: 2017/6/11 20:17
Not too shy to talk
Re: LIVING IN BANG SARAY VILLAGES (MOO BAANS)
Usually when the project is finished the development is turned over to the home owner association and the developer is out of the picture. Check your contract. Sometimes there is a provision in the contract granting the developer another year to manage the project.

----------------
"Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see one without an erection, make him a sandwich."

jingjo
Posted on: 2017/6/15 0:33
Just popping in
Thank you for your response. All construction has been completed in our small Moo Baan. The last three villas are finished but remain unsold. There is nothing in our contracts about how and when the foreign Developer must handover to the homeowners.We have never been provided with financial statements despite repeated requests. I am still trying to determine if any other homeowners in other gated communities must compulsorarily take the developers staff to maintain their private gardens and pools. I have also asked this question in the Thai Visa forum. Not one meaningful response to my question.I have lived in Thailand for more than 15 years and have experience of living in three different gated communities and previously on homeowners committees so i do have some knowledge in this area.
Keeto
Posted on: 2017/6/20 20:40
Not too shy to talk
If there are three unsold villas it means the developer is still part of the HOA. The transfer should have been in the governing documents to begin with. You might have to get the other owners on board and form a home owner association if there isn't one. The developer still has three votes.

----------------
"Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see one without an erection, make him a sandwich."

jingjo
Posted on: 2017/7/11 23:01
Just popping in
Hello again and thank you for your response. Unfortuneately no one has actually responded to my original question about if they have compulsory private pool service and gardening duties in their village. FYI our development of 25 villas does not have a HOA. All attempts to do so have failed because the majority of villas are unoccupied due to absent Owners for most of the year. We do not know names or contact details for these people and the developer will not provide same. Invitations to the Developer to attend a meeting with the few permanent owners have been declined. So we are stymied.
Keeto
Posted on: 2017/7/21 19:51
Not too shy to talk
There must be a government office/entity where the property ownership is registered, you might want to try there. It's public information in the USA, and I doubt it's a "secret" information in Thailand either. Don't count on the developer helping you guys, he will not kill the golden goose.

----------------

Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic |

Register To Post

Search
Who's Online
13 user(s) are online (10 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 13

more...
Facebook
Weather
Random Bangsaray Photo
Bang Saray Beach views to Jomtien in background.
Link To Us

Link to us?

Webmasters, save this image to link to us.

bangsaraythailand.com - Bangsaray Thailand Community Portal

If you want us to link to you contact us.

Copyright © 2012 Bangsaray (Bang Sare) Thailand
Comments and views expressed on this website are not necessarily the views of this website.