Register To Post

Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom
Poster Thread
Posted on: 2012/5/16 22:18
Hello All
Hi,
I am Garry, 46 yo Brit.

Just moved into Chokchai 1 near Che junction
with my 2 kids (5 & 3) and my GF (she's not the mother of my kids)

We've just had 6 months in Jomtien, which was ok, and before that we were in Bangkok for 5 years, so I'm not exactly a newbie to Thailand, but definitely very new to Bang Saray area.

Would welcome any suggestions of things to do, especially for the kids.

And, most important of all, recommendations of where to watch the motorcycle MotoGPs at the weekends ?

cheers lads, G
Supperman
Posted on: 2012/5/17 20:11
Sponsor
Re: Hello All
Hi Garry, Welcome to Bang Saray Thailand and the forum.

If you sign up for Bang Saray cable ,350 Baht , you will get the Grand Prix, Motor Cycle GP, and the top footie games when they are on. If you want to watch in a bar there is the Nags Head, maybe The Local, and The Fox and Hounds, my apologies if i have missed anyone.

The Fox intends to be a sports bar primarily showing all the top sporting events. Still testing the system but hope to show the MotoGP and English horse racing this weekend.

Regards Supperman
nicknmay
Posted on: 2012/5/17 22:30
Just popping in
Hi Garry and welcome to Bangsaray.
As Merv from the Fox and Hounds has already said you can watch the sports at his place or The nags Head.
Plenty of good food available in the area.

Mokador do a very good value 50 bht breakfast, local, Nags Head, Fox and Hounds and the Lizard Lounge also serve very good food and will make you very welcome.

Come along and introduce yourself sometime and we can have a nice cold beer.

Nick the Nags Head.

robbo
Posted on: 2012/5/17 23:32
Just popping in
hi garry lets not forget the wilkriss hotel who has a good selection of food beers wines and spirits also a free pool table all day and night and a safe swimming pool for yourself and kide enjoy and welcome.
robbo
Posted on: 2012/5/17 23:36
Just popping in
sorry garry what none of us mentioned was (things to do for the kids) theres none nooch gardens dont think thats how u spell it, its more than gardens it has to be the best atraction around fish animal etc etc only 2kl from bangsaray then theres underwater world and silverlake loads to do around here.
jimsrant
Posted on: 2012/5/18 2:19
Just popping in
Hi Gary, Welcome to bang saray. sattahip is not naturally a place for entertaining young children but there is still plenty to occupy them and keep them and you happy.
bang saray beach, 200 yards past the Shark, charlee bar, enclosed large trampoline and of course the beach. At the shark beautiful new gardens and a nice play area to keep the kids occupied.
Wilkris resort behind the high street. Lovely surroundings , hot spa and good size freshwater pool. If your buying food and drink, a place that makes the facilities available to you. Keeps the kids occupied for hours. Well presented and good thai and farang food, nice hosts and their inexpensive. A range of drinks that will not dent the pocket much. Well worth a visit.
Ban ampur beach, one of the nicer ones. Left out of bang saray about 3 kl on the sukhumvit to ban ampur post office which is opposite the international school, turn left. Large open beach and an umbrella area. Big playground for children. Plenty of inexpensive food and drink or bring your own.
Right out of barang saray first lights turn right into sai keow navy base, park, leave identity and then drive right down to the beach and turn left, as far as you can go to the check point. 80b farang, 30b thai, 10b children unless you know a man who can. Monday to Friday drive up over the hill beautiful views. One of the best beaches around. Lovely beach and you can get equipment to use in the sea. Plenty of inexpensive food and drink options.
dow tan. On the sukhumvit past che lights to next lights at the 7/11 turn right. Navy beach Thai’s and children only. Drive on and on 5kl nice sand beach . If they like playing in the sand and discovery this is it. Small uncommercial hoy and crabs by the bucket load but still very edible.
Further out is the beach favoured by thais. Hart nang ram at the sattahip ship yard. Che rayong road 10kl right at the first traffic lights to sirrikit hospital and airport and drive on and on 6kl. When you get to the shipyard you have gone too far its on the left. 3 lovely beaches which get busy at the weekends. Navy owned 20b entry for a pick up – used to pay for the cleaning of the beach. Inexpensive food and drink aplenty or bring your own. Great for picnics because at weekends you can park your pick up under the trees.
Once a year is kids day all over the area. Fun, entertainment, games, prizes, free food, drink and ice cream. Adult are allowed to join in free as well. All paid for by the local community and businesses. My favourite place is at the sattahip marine base, big showground at the front. Everybody welcome Sukhumvit ( 50 yards before you turn left on the sukhumvit to then go past Tesco Lotus ) turn right. No identity needed just find somewhere to park.
Watch the signs 5 times a year is a big big 4 day party around the lake. 3000 to 5000 people a night. Fun, games, music, funfair rides, food, drink etc etc. Loads of adult entertainment and things to do galore. Free entry. Instead of turning left to Tesco on the sukhumvit carry straight on but do wait for the lights to change. Go early in the evening, you will get parked easily and you can leave before the crowds.
Most of the temples have community days or weeks. They sell merchandise and have a variety of entertainment including fun, rides, food, drink and games for the kids. Keep your eyes peeled for the signs. My favourite, about 5 times a year, the main temple in sattahip high street. An alladins cave of things to buy, eat and drink. Plenty to occupy the kids with a funfair and for the children, in us, dodgems.

Every Thursday and Saturday 4pm to 8pm+ subject to the weather. Dow Tan market The biggest locally. Past 7/11 now 400 yds on the right. You cannot miss where to park. Giant slide for the kids while she shops. Don't give her your wallet.

I am sure those with kids can come up with a few more ideas to occupy our dear ones.

Thais really are family and friends people.

Enjoy your stay.

----------------
everybody is entitled to an opinion it is just that some would be better not being heard

rich
Posted on: 2012/5/18 4:04
Just popping in
Hi Gary, Welcome to Bangsaray,

I have two children myself so i know how important it is to keep them entertained. There is a good childrens farm not far near Buddha mountain called Wonder Farm. It has trampolines climbing stuff and a small farm with goats, horses, rabbits and swans that you can feed and walk around with all the rabbits. Also a nice coffee shop to sit down and watch the kids play.

If you drive up the road towards Buddha mountain as you get to the top of the hill 200 yards before the big Buddha turn left a the sign post to the Temple and Wonder farm follow that for 3 or 4 km and you can not miss it on your left.
Posted on: 2015/5/19 11:55
thanks for that mate... my 4yo would love that!
Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic |

Register To Post

Search
Who's Online
9 user(s) are online (4 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 9

more...
Facebook
Weather
Random Bangsaray Photo
Sunset thru my shades
Link To Us

Link to us?

Webmasters, save this image to link to us.

bangsaraythailand.com - Bangsaray Thailand Community Portal

If you want us to link to you contact us.

Copyright © 2012 Bangsaray (Bang Sare) Thailand
Comments and views expressed on this website are not necessarily the views of this website.